Whether you’re making a temporary or permanent move, forwarding your mail to your new address is essential. The common procedure to do so is going through the US postal service. You can either go into your local post office, waste time waiting in line to fill out a mundane form or go through the website and be charged a $1.00 fee to ensure your identity. Both ways are just another annoyance during your already demanding move. MoveEasy’s platform excludes both hassles and can be done in a matter of minutes.
If you’re connecting to MoveEasy’s website via your real estate agent, your information is already logged for you. All that is left for you to do is to confirm that our records are correct. You’ll be prompted to confirm your identity by a code that is texted to you, free of charge.
If you’re connecting to MoveEasy’s website independently, no worries we have you covered. Just follow these simple steps:
- Fill in your old and new address and date of move (These should already be filled out from previous questions.)
- Select if it’s temporary or permanent (if temporary but longer than 6 months, will need to be updated)
- Select if you’re an individual, family (same last name) or business moving
- If a family member moving does not have the same last name as you, you can add them as “another request” at the end
- Confirm identity by text message
- Check back to see if “Forward Mail Status” is complete
And that’s it! Forwarding your mail to your new address has never been more timesaving. Just another way MoveEasy simplifies your move.